Moston Juniors FC
Moston Junior Football Club is a Charter Standard Community Club that is based in North Manchester and sources its players in the main from the areas of Moston, New Moston, Blackley and Harpurhey. These areas are recognised as areas of social deprivation and the club whilst being one of the area’s largest and leading junior clubs prides itself in providing opportunities for all of the local community to participate in football.
This year, the club are 20 years old and during its existence, it has been involved in many historic events:
· In 2001 the club was one of the first clubs to be appointed as a Charter Standard Community Club and was involved with the FA, Sky Sports and local press for the launch of the FA Charter Standard program.
· In 2006 the club represented the City of Manchester in the World Peace Games in Hiroshima, Japan with 16 of our young players sampling the culture of Japan and playing against teams from all over the world.
· In 2007 the club became a partner to Bolton Wanderers FC and FC United of Manchester to expand the range of possibilities for players to progress at all levels of the game.
· In 2007, the club took over the leasehold for Ronald Johnson Playing Fields and started to develop the facility with improved grass pitches that would improve the quality of pitches for the local children. Following on from this in 2010, the club went into partnership with the local council and FC United to further develop the facility and include artificial training pitches, club house and changing rooms and a 5,000 capacity stadium.
· In 2011, the club finished 3rd in the Manchester Sports Club of the Year.
The club operates teams in the Manchester and Tameside Leagues from 6 years to 16 and then works in partnership with Mostonians FC to transition young players into adult football in the Lancashire Amateur League. It also works closely with Whitemoss Juniors FC and Moston Futsal Development School to both encourage players to be active and to play football in a stylish and competitive manner and through its 20 years, teams at all ages have regularly won leagues and cup competitions with the Manchester County Cup (which is the FA Cup for junior players!) having been won an impressive 5 times.
Moston Junior Football Club works tirelessly in the community to encourage and develop improved standards of health and social responsibility with a wide range of adults and children. The successes achieved by the football teams merely emphasises the quality of the coaching that is being delivered. In addition, the success of the teams has not been at any cost and with many of the teams, children are encouraged and have moved on into professional football – again an aim of the club to allow players to develop and play at the highest level they can achieve. The quality of coaching extends also to the way in which the football is played, with an exemplary disciplinary record and a range of positive comments from opposition parents and coaches about the way in which players and coaches conduct themselves and that this is also a key feature of the club.
However, the club is always on the look-out for new players, managers and coaches and if you are interested in being part of a forward thinking club then please get in touch with either the Chairman, Paul Mitchell on 07717 767093 or Paul Halton on 07561808724 or by email - firstname.lastname@example.org.